Wow - what a bad evening of making explosion markers. Here is the story:
Heading home from curling (yes, I curl), I stopped at my LGS (The Last Square in Madison, WI - GREAT STORE!!!) to pickup some VMA Black. I grabbed that, some glue and two bags of green clump foliage. In speaking with the owner Karl, I mentioned that I was really looking for autumn clump foliage. He was able to reach into his bag of tricks as supplied me with the needed materials. THANKS KARL!!
So all excited, I headed home to make explosion markers. And that basically ends the highlight of the evening.
Everyting went wrong. I could not get the clump foliage to glue onto the pipe cleaner. I ended up with a blob of clump foliage and glue everywhere. I think in retrospect I simply did not take my time. I was rushed, so the results were, well... suboptimal.
I did manage a few to kind of look like explosion markers. The real trick will be tonight. I am playing a warmup game for this weekend's FoW Tournament (also at The Last Square) and when I get home, I hope to see how well the materials held together.
I know hope is not a stratgey, but I tend to use it in all things FoW related. Example: I hope that Sherman 75mm can take out that Panther!
As they say, "results vary".