Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Current and Future Forces

I currently field a USA Tank Company, usually the 2nd or 3rd Armored as found in Cobra.  I have just completed a full company of First Special Services Forces (Devil's Brigade) and I have British Airlanding about to enter the painting table.  My personal criteria for units in Flames of War is based on very personal experience and family relationships.  My wife's uncle was awarded the Bronze Star for his service in the Devil's Bridage.  I have had the honor of visiting the Normandy Beaches twice, including Pont du Hoc, Pegasus Bridge and St. Mare Eglise.  It is a trip that I encourage all to take.  So that should explain my force selections.  And I will be busy painting for the next 12 months.

Already completed:

11 M4 Shermans (75mm) to serve as CiC, 2iC, Platoons
7 M4 Shermans (76mm)
1 Armored Rifle Platoon
1 Armored Mortar Platoon
1 AOP
1 Full Section of P-47s
1 M12 155mm SP Platoon
10 Jeeps (recon, mortar, etc.)
1 M10 Tank Destroyer Platoon (full)
10 M3 Half tracks
5 M5 Stewarts
1 Armored Field Battery (M7) Platoon

In process:

1 105mm Field Artillery Battery
1 M1 Heavy Anti-aircraft Artillery Platoon
1 Armored Rifle Platoon
1 Dismounted MG crews
1 Fire Direction Center
2 2 1/2 Ton Trucks
1 DUKW Section (with a twist)

Awaiting Work:

1 Typhoon Section
1 British Airlanding Artillery
1 British Airlanding Heavy Anti-Tank Platoon
1 British Airlanding Company (Pegasus Bridge)
1 British Armored Platoon (Shermans)
Various objectives, terrain, buildings, etc.

Here are some pictures:

Armored Company

Tank Destroyers!

I admit that I have challenges getting all the mold lines off the tank barrels.  Of course, I hope no one is looking from 3 inches away during a game!

No comments:

Post a Comment