Friday, August 24, 2012

20 Questions - everyone else is doing it!

I see on several blogs that folks are posting answers to 20 Questions.  So, having the need to be a "cool kid", I thought I would do the same.  Here they are:

Favorite Wargaming period?
WW2.  It is really the only period that I wargame with miniatures.

Next period, money no object?
I would license the FoW rules and create books and models for Cold War “What If” series.

 
Favorite 5 films?
My favorites are:

The Godfather
Raiders of the Lost Arc
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
Caddyshack
Austin Powers

 
Favorite 5 TV series?
The Sopranos
The Bugs Bunny and Road Runner Show (really)
The Big Bang Theory
Star Trek (original – duh!)
Band of Brothers

 
Favorite book and author?
Book: Dune, Frank Herbert
Author: W.E.B. Griffin

 
Greatest General? (Can’t count yourself)
Omar Bradley, US Army

 
Favorite Wargaming rules?
Flames of War, Battlefront Studios

 
Favorite sport and team?
Sport: Golf
Team: Michigan State University Spartans!
Single Team: US Men's Olympic Ice Hockey Team, 1980

 
If you had an “only use once” time machine, when and where would you go?
Romantic: Go back to the day I met my wife and relive it.
Historical: Go back to Philadelphia, 1776 and ask “can you clarify this part and this part…”
Religious: Go back to the Middle East and watch…

My real answer: Go back and play the stock market, already knowing what will happen.  I will make billions…  mua mua mua…

Last meal on Death Row?
One that has a key in it that will let me get the heck out of Dodge before the morning…
 

Fantasy relationship and why?
Darth Vader.  I want him to tell me he is my father and he wants to rule the galaxy together.  That way I can say “Sounds good Dad, let’s go!!”

 
If your life were a movie, who would play you?
Brad Pitt.  Duh.

 
Favorite comic superhero?
Superman.  Too easy and vanilla, but come on!  He’s Superman!!

 
Favorite military quote?

“I want to kill some naaaahtzies” – Inglorious Basterds
“What’s this ‘we s%@t’ White Man…” – Tonto, upon being surrounded by 10,000 native Americans with The Lone Ranger

“Always look on the bright side of life!” – Crucifixion, somewhere around 30 AD.

 
Historical destination to visit?
Omaha Beach.  Been twice.

 
Biggest Wargaming regret?

Saying yes to a demo game of Flames of War…

 
Favorite fantasy job?
I am weird – I like the one I have pretty well!

 
Favorite band?
Have to answer by eras / genres:

Simple Minds, The Who, U2, Johnny Cash, Nirvana, Green Day

 
Favorite wargaming moment?
Any moment that I have played with my son!

 
What upsets you?
Idiots.

1 comment: