For those of you who have yet to see the updates at flamesofwar.com, here is a picture of what I consider to be very, very exciting news:
Yes, now we can see the force diagram that will be available in Blood, Guts and Glory.
I will say that I believe this will be a very popular list. My first impressions:
1) Every list will have 3 TD platoons, with the Corps support being "Trained."
2) With AT now moved up to 13 on the M10 and M18, that first volley will be completely deadly.
3) The Jackson will be the 3rd TD platoon, trained but with AT 14. A hit on a Panther results in a 50/50 kill ratio?? wow.
4) Depending on points, you could get Vet ARP as support. wow again.
and most importantly...
5) IT IS NOT ALWAYS ATTACKS!!! Think about this. You are defender. Put the Security Section in cover. Let long range crazy shots come in - who cares! When the enemy closes the range, pop goes the TDs.
And that last point in 5 above is the key - TDs should ALWAYS get an opening salvo / "alpha strike" into an enemy platoon with full RoF. Everytime. So for $64,000 and control of the board, name another platoon that can do this in FoW? Anyone??
Exactly my point.
Now multiply by three. Imagine 12 TDs popping at the same time and concentrating that fire. Crazy good.
Of course, it all depends on points... ;-)